Click here to see texts other users have created.
How to use it:
- Type your text
- Facts will appear on the right
- You can pin and unpin fact boxes with . An unpinned fact box will disappear as soon as you finish your next sentence. With you can remove the fact box immediately
- When you have finished your text you can copy it into your word processor (e.g. Microsoft Word) and style it the way you want.
- In the end you can share your text with other people with the share button. If you don't want to share your text with the world disable the "share with everybody" function and save.
This is FAYT
FAYT ("Facts As You Type") is a system created to help you writing texts. While you are write your text FAYT is looking up information in the goolap database and delivers it to you.
Hit "Next" to take a quick tour through FAYT's functions.
This is your canvas
Here you can write down your text.
As soon as you finish a sentence the system looks up further information for the last sentence and delivers it to you. The delivered information will be based on the tags of your text.
If you want to know more about something just click it and goolap's information will be displayed in a new tab.
If you want to know the source and context of an information hit this small globe. This is particularly helpfull if information seems to be untrue.
Normally fact boxes disappear when you finish a sentence, to keep important information you can pin it.
If you want to remove a fact box immediately you can hit the trash button.
Add tags manually
If the system did't automatically recognize something you want information about, just mark the word(s) and hit this button. This is important for delivering the right information to you.
Save your text
You can save your text and edit it later on. Please don't forget to save this url in a text file or in the bookmarks of your browser.
Share your text
You can share your text in two ways.
- Share the "edit link" (given when you hit share) to allow other people to see, edit and save your text.
- Share the "show link" to only allow other people to see your text.
Copy your text
When you have finished your text you can hit this button to copy the raw text, paste it to your word processor (e.g. Microsoft Word) and style it the way you want.
Here you can see texts other users have created.
Now you are ready to go!
Have fun using FAYT. You can restart the whole tour with the button on the top right.